Quote for the day - No.1 - Why praise God

Found this on the Facebook page of Keith and Kristyn Getty. It helps explain why it is that praising God feels so right. We do it a great deal in the charismatic prayer group I belong to. It's not just superficial "happy-clappy-ness". It leaves me with a sense of wholeness, of inner peace and joy that nothing else gives me to the same extent, even when going through a very rough time. It completes my being.


*********************

"Just as men spontaneously praise whatever they value, so they spontaneously urge us to join them in praising it: “Isn’t she lovely? Wasn’t it glorious? Don’t you think that magnificent?”

The Psalmists in telling everyone to praise God are doing what all men do when they speak of what they care about.

I think we delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation. It is not out of compliment that lovers keep on telling one another how beautiful they are; the delight is incomplete till it is expressed." -C.S. Lewis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God